1.4.14

The Photo Brunch Shoreditch / 03



Last Saturday I held my third Photo Brunch in Shoreditch - it was awesome again. I could repeat myself and tell you about how great it is to take photos with a group of like-minded people, but I already mentioned that here and here. So instead I’ll talk a bit about the weather and brunch - it was such a nice day (can you see how sunny it was in the pictures?). We had brunch at Dishoom again, since the food is so good and I really love the atmosphere there. Definitely go if you can - do book a table though, as it gets very busy.
I also really enjoyed teaching and seeing everyone pick up new skills. Seriously, everyone did so well - it was great to see Candi and Alistair, Imo, Yvonne, and Crystal starting to understand their cameras and getting their head around exposure. Even just seeing them having fun was fun!
I also met Crystal for the second time after having a one-on-one session with her a couple of weeks ago. It was lovely getting to know her a bit better!
And being in Shoreditch was a great experience as usual, I feel like I've never really noticed how many different areas there are within Shoreditch alone - we moved from lovely, quiet streets into the more arty and busy area around Brick Lane, and ended up somewhere that made you feel like you were back in old London a few decades ago.

By the way, I’m handing in my business plan today. I’m applying for funding for the Photo Brunch, so I can grow the business and offer more value to you in a few different ways. I’m excited to share more with you on this soon.

I’ve set up the next Photo Brunch for 18 May - it’s a Sunday because I want to take you to Notting Hill (and a Saturday around there would be way too busy to teach). You can book your place right here if you want to take your photography to the next level and get some pretty pictures. I hope you’ll join. :)

What have you been up to over the weekend?








9 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I never realised the knowledge we have is valuable and people appreciate it until recently, when people started asking me for help. I am tutoring a woman at the moment who loves having me over her house so I can help her out with her camera and the basics of Lightroom/Photoshop. It feels amazing being able to help people with something we all share an interest in. If I lived in the UK I'd definitely be attending one of your brunches! Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really cool, Jess! It does feels amazing sharing what we know, and offering value through something that's so fun and enjoyable :) Let me know if you ever come to London, would love to have you join the Photo Brunch!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the business plan and funding, hope it all goes through ok x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so great! Spending a day taking pictures with like-minded people. I would love to join some day =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Please do - I would love to meet you in person :)

      Delete
  4. seriously, helena! my goal is to come live in london just so that i can go out to brunch and on a photowalk with you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that would be lovely Giulia! Please do move to London! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for a great day Helena! Was so much fun! I'd love to come again!

    ReplyDelete